Saturday, June 30, 2012

Please sign! Let's keep our parks and green spaces free of harmful toxins!

I recently returned home to Calgary for a visit, and was welcomed with warning signs about herbicide application in my neighboorhood. I was so happy to be back home, but seeing that just broke my heart and a feeling of apprehension ensued. I was looking forward to gong for a run, being outside, and enjoying the warm summer air...and now all I can think about is the toxins I'll be inhaleing, and ingesting, and all those innocent, unknowing kids playing around in the grass - a very natural thing to do! Whether you live in right in Strathcona, Calgary, or elsewhere, a ban on pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, and all other "cides", will keep our world healthy, clean, and safe for all to enjoy. Please sign the petition I have started, and help make this ban a reality! We all deserve clean parks and play areas for ourselves, our children, and our animals to enjoy. Please click here: http://www.change.org/petitions/city-of-calgary-ward-6-alderman-richard-pootmans-ban-the-application-pesticides-and-herbicides-in-strathcona-community With tremendous gratitude, I thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Can you call me at 403 521 6229 or get in touch by e-mail jessica.demello@cbc.ca please? I'm with CBC Radio. Thanks

    ReplyDelete